Friday, August 29, 2008

Passion Pit does Piano's...



Wednesday night, Anthony, my male co-bandit, if you will,  joined me for a night of music.  We headed over to Piano's (on Ludlow) to catch Passion Pit.  Things started off well, as I ran into an old friend from Florida who was bartending there.  Great to see him, again.  (Thanks for the first round, Tony!)
Gates of Heaven opened for them... Ummm, yeeeeeah... It was kinda like watching a train wreck, complete with beaded tunics.  NEXT!
After the laughs and another vodka later, it was time for Passion Pit.  Energetic and cute group of guys.  Their music isn't groundbreaking, nor is it life-changing.  But it was FUN.  It was light-hearted.  I THOROUGHLY enjoy their catchy, synth-heavy sound.  I couldn't help but watch with a smile on my face, foot tapping and ass shakin'.  I remember thinking to myself "Sometimes you can enjoy and love music so much that it actually hurts..."  (...Though, that thought probably came courtesy of my dear friend, sir Stoli.) Passion Pit played for about an hour, closing with Sleepyhead (DUH!), which had everyone grinning and bouncing.  All the songs are off of their upcoming EP Chunk of Change.  I recommend seeing these guys before they blow-up, which I am predicting will happen...SOON.  They open for French Kicks on Sept. 24th at Bowery Ballroom.  I look forward to booking them in early 2009!  Thanks, guys!
(by the way, the Passion Pit dudes are all super nice, too. So, don't feel intimidated to walk up to them and strike up a conversation...)
xoxo.

No comments: